Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Parmesan Orzo Primavera

I'm a huge fan of Orzo and anything I can make in less than 20 minutes that is also healthy.
I will be making this one regularly.

Ingredients:
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
2 1/2 cups chopped fresh vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, green onions, spinach
1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions:

Combine chicken broth and pasta in medium saucepan. Stir in 1/3 cup water. Bring to boil. Add orzo pasta. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 7 minutes. Add vegetables; mix well. Cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan cheese.



Just so you know, I needed more water than was there to finish cooking the vegetables. I probably ended up adding an extra 1/2 c-- But I say just watch it and be aware of how it's cooking. Also, after I added the veggies I let it cook for longer than five minutes because I like my veggies a little softer.

No comments:

Post a Comment