Friday, October 29, 2010

Hello, All. Clam Chowder For You.

Hi. I'm here because I've finally got something good to share.
Every day for the past two weeks, Jared cries, "I WANT SOUP FOR DINNER TONIGHT!" and I have said, "OKAY!" But the best result, by far, was this easy, delish clam chowder:

1 can cream of celery soup (10.75 oz)
1 can cream of potato soup (10.75 oz)
1 can minced clams, with juice
half and half
celery
onions
bacon, if desired
salt and pepper, to taste

Empty the cans into a pot, add as much celery and onions as you want. Boil and stir for a good 3-4 minutes. (The recipe originally said everything needed to cook for 6-8 hrs, not really sure why?)
Add half and half until you reach the desired creaminess (we ended up using almost a whole pint)
We added bacon, too, which I could have done without but Jared loved.

And, uh, sorry that my recipes are never going to be very exact... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment