Monday, November 1, 2010

Holiday Trifle

I chose holiday trifle to be the treat after my baptism. I've loved it since I was a wee girl of eight and I don't love it any less now! When I made it for the first time, the layers were not as beautiful as when my mom makes it, but it still tasted divine. I guess I just need to practice.

Also, Mom says she doubles this recipe for Christmas festivities. All parenthetical notes are from her.

A mini version of the real thing. From Google. Don't chya know?

1 angel food cake (I prefer pound cake, found in the bakery or frozen section of grocery store)
1 large package vanilla pudding (COOK & SERVE), prepared and slightly cooled
1 large package berry-flavored Jell-o (I usually use raspberry)
1 - 10 oz. package frozen berries to go with Jell-0 (raspberries)
Whipped cream (or Cool Whip)
Sliced bananas
Sliced almonds (optional)

Prepare pudding and set aside.  Prepare Jello-o half-way by just adding boiling water, dissolving by stirring for a couple of minutes, then adding FROZEN berries.  (Don't add cold water) (It will start to thicken up immediately)  Layer three times in trifle dish:  bite-sized pieces of cake, partially-set Jell-o with berries, partially-cooled pudding.  Top with whipped cream and sliced bananas (right before serving).

No comments:

Post a Comment